[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Heidi's 150g cube

Bookmark and Share
Page 14 of 20 First ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... Last
    Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittleMermaid View Post
    Heidi, I just admire your tank. It looks great. I was looking through your thread yesterday of all the amazing corals you have. I am a huge fan of mushrooms, especially yumas! They are awesome. Great job and awesome job picking out such great looking pieces!
    Awe thanks Arial!! Mind if I call you that teehee always my favorite of the Disney princesses!!
    Heidi

whitetiger61 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rick

looking really good Heidi..looks like u have everything under control..showing patience..im enjoying this tank

Rick

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger61 View Post
    looking really good Heidi..looks like u have everything under control..showing patience..im enjoying this tank

Rick
    Thanks Rick!

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi

Tank Update (I know its been a while but really it has been uneventful this last month up till the last week or so)

I keep having problems with my calcium being all high in relation to my alkalinity. Another problem I seemed to be having was some kind of diatom bloom all of a sudden. Lastly my purple monopora Digi has almost completely bleached and since it is spread and covering one of the ends of an attached rock on the top of the tank, there is no way to really move it anywhere if it is bleaching because of the lights. It might be getting mad at my alk swings I can't seem to control lately. ??? Not 100% sure... Oh my husband came home it "a surprise" It is another fish, like we need it.... Exquisite fairy wrasse. I'm not real happy about it. I have been feeding a ton, dosing MB7 and keeping my n and p pretty low/zero I am sick of my sand, every time a fish or something stirs it up I get a diatom bloom, its ugly and dingy so I started removing it last water change. I plan to suck out the rest at the next 2 water changes as to not off set the bacteria balance in the tank. Meanwhile, I am starting bio pellets. So thats whats up with the tank. Here are some pictures. I got a new camera (last week) so they are not the best but I am amazed at how clear my fish pictures are. It's a Canon T2i rebel and so far I LOVE it. Thanks for reading and enjoy the pictures!
    IMG 0159 - Heidi's 150g cube
    full tank from front Dec.10 2011
    IMG 0459 - Heidi's 150g cube
    IMG 0458 - Heidi's 150g cube
    (those of the sump I took with my iPhone)
    IMG 0108 - Heidi's 150g cube
    what my skimmer did for almost 3 days after I removed about half of the sand from the DT, I ran carbon and the skimmer really didn't get back to normal until I hooked up the bio-pellets last night
    .IMG 0006 - Heidi's 150g cubeIMG 0037 - Heidi's 150g cubeIMG 0007 - Heidi's 150g cubeIMG 0040 - Heidi's 150g cubeIMG 0113 - Heidi's 150g cubeIMG 0060 - Heidi's 150g cube
    IMG 0131 1 - Heidi's 150g cube
    New anemone I got last month
    IMG 0401 - Heidi's 150g cube
    stuff that blows into the corner
    IMG 0129 1 - Heidi's 150g cubeIMG 0127 - Heidi's 150g cube
    Excuse the mess, I had to take everything that was on the sand and put it up while I vacuumed the sand out. I will take another picture of the tank full on once the sand is all gone and I rearrange the "ground coral"

Enjoy!
    Heidi

Captain - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Sam

Tank looks top notch!
    Glad to see all your fish are doing as good as ever.
    You need more rock. Less talk, more rock!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Tank looks top notch!
    Glad to see all your fish are doing as good as ever.
    You need more rock. Less talk, more rock!
    Totally agree on more rock more places for that beneficial bacteria to live the merrier!!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Tank looks FANTASTIC,luv them AI's. If you want more rock LMK,got about 100 # laying around.You and your husband can come and get it-- it's free Just laying around takeing up space anyway and since Mrs Binford has banned me from doing anymore tank builds we'll never use it LOL

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi

Thanks guys!! Nope no more rock unless it fits directly in with the design. I have happily formed a very minimalist scape here that I don't plan on changing much. There is one space on the left side that I plan on building another tower and tunnel when I see the right pieces of rock. The bio pellets will provide plenty of "places" for the bacteria to make happiness. I view my rock as a "cool play ground for my fish" and also a beautiful shape to look at. The Heidi reef will never be a wall o rock kinda place.
    Heidi

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Tank is lookin awsome heidi!

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi

Thanks Chris!