[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Jimsflies' Reef

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    The Rugger - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

So very nice. Did you use egg crate to build your scape rather than stacked rock?

Mike - Reefkeeper CR Member

Seet looking JIm!!
    anacroporamademepoora
    --Lifetime member of the "No Mud Club".:

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

It's not entirely eggcrate. I supported the structure off the bottom with eggcrate. I also use eggcrate within the rock work to make places for frag plugs.

CR Member

It's come back nicely from that incident last year. What have you done to prevent that from happening again? Personally I will be setting up the stirring and the top off that will go through my kalk reactor on different timers.....

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

The controller now also controls the top off. Previously I had the osmolator as a stand alone unit. Now if the pH is too high, the controller shuts off power to the osmolator. When the controller powers on the osmolator, it uses it's own level sensor to control water level. I also have it on a delay so that if it does get a high result, the top off is shut off for 15 minutes. Otherwise, it could fluctuate on and off too often wearing out the osmolator and also potentially causing more overfeed because often when the osmolator powers up, it will run for a few seconds.

igot2gats - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jeff

Jim - your tank has so many ingenious ideas surrounding it, it truely is a well organized tank.

I'll be contacting you someday when I get my tank back up & running for a screen top.

Rook - Reefkeeper CR Member

Looking good Jim. Is that a group of duncans in the fourth from last picture? I just got some ducans at the swap, a large head and three smaller ones for $20, a good deal compared to a year ago.

BTW, it is Amazon Stingrays that sells the Bluespot Jawfish for $59.00. I just picked one up last week; it seems very healthy and is currently in QT. They said they plan to continue selling at that price when ever this same vendor can get them. They are in Troy, not sure if they would ship or not. Bluespots don't ship very well.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Thanks guys.

I like the blue spots a lot. But I also don't mind the pearly jaws. I think I am going to get 3-4 of them in my new cube.

The Rugger - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Did some reading and Jawfish tend to fight with same species unless paired or in a large enough tank to have their own section/territory... You May want to look into it prior to getting more than one...

Rook - Reefkeeper CR Member

Yeah, I can have a pair, but not more than that unless you have a large tank; and I beleive that pairing them can be difficult to get the pair to not kill each other. Especially in a smaller tank.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last