[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Back in the hobby Jarrod's 180 tank

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    CR Member
    First Name
    Jarrod

Default Back in the hobby Jarrod's 180 tank

Hello all!

well Figured I would post since I am more officially back into an aquarium. I have had a 29 biocube set up for the past few years but never really did much with it. As of last week, I am the new owner of a 180 set up.

Its a Great lakes 180, dual overflow,
    right now has a aquatic life MH/t-5 fixture, reef dynamics skimmer, and a few other little things to get me going

I have water in, salt mixed up, and temp set. Powerhead's are flowing, and skimmer is running. Came with some wet live rock that was taken down a few days out of the water, but hopefully should start seeing the cycle starting soon. I will transfer what little I have left from my 29 into it when the time comes, Basically only two clowns, lawnmower blenny, a pistol shrimp and yellow goby.

So here are a few pics as it sits now.
    Name:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  55.9 KBName:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  55.0 KBName:  IMG_0003.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  92.4 KBName:  IMG_0004.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  81.0 KBName:  IMG_0005.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  68.1 KB

robandrosco - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob

Congrats on the 180! Going to be cool to see it come to life.

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Welcome back! The tank looks good. What are your plans for the tank (equipment upgrades, fish and coral stocking plans)?

Tom

Hopkins - Reefkeeper
    Administrator

First Name
    Adam
    Awards Wheel Master Award - Helping with run the Frag & Swag wheel at the Michigan Coral Expo & Swap 2014.

That isn't big enough for a shark!

*I should add context to my post. Many years ago Jarrod had a several hundred gallon setup in his basement that housed a couple sharks and I think a ray.
    rc Hopkins sig - Back in the hobby Jarrod's 180 tank
    Likes Black71gp liked this post

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

Welcome Back!

Looks great, I'd consider putting some sort of protection behind your sump so that the drywall doesn't get splashed on. I had a similar setup and after a couple of years I had to replace some drywall. A sheet of this would do the job. http://www.menards.com/main/paint/pa...821-c-8168.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Black71gp View Post
    Name:  IMG_0005.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  68.1 KB

CR Member
    First Name
    Jarrod

Thanks everyone.. and trust me adam, I was looking for something larger! but i realized thats outta the questions right now.

Thanks Tankster, I plan on redoing that whole room shortly, the sump set up is just temp, as I needed to get the tank up, and try and save some live rock, I want a larger sump and finished fish room, So I will be doing all of that.

Basically equipment wise I don't plan on upgrading a whole lot right now, mostly just get the sump set up the way I want it, and Fuge started.

As far as plans for the tank I have not decided yet, I currently have no corals left from my nano, only a couple fish. I really love my angels, so possibly a FO/wLR or more aggressive reef? but I do love the look of corals so I don't know yet. Just gonna go slow and play it by ear.

For right now just waiting on the cycle so the few fish can get into their new space.

fishtal - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tal
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Great to see you back! Can't wait to see what you come up with this time.
    Save a fish, Breed your own!
    www.fishtalpropagations.com

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

What about tangs? With a 180 you must have a tang.
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

CR Member
    First Name
    Jarrod

Tang or two for sure.. I had such a large variety of Tangs in my old 320, i do miss them for sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last