[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

My 40 breeder/project log

Bookmark and Share
Page 6 of 6 First ... 4 5 6
    Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

I believe so... it's gotta be electronic or HQI. You coral's responses look positive.
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Looking fantastic Dave... what no saki's for your SPS ?
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

oh,i'm still keeping them,gonna add another 250 and stagger them on a timer to fire right side 3 hrs both bulbs 2 hrs then left side 3 hrs,trying to get that left to right sunrise/set thing going since my light mover project is currently scrapped.

First Name
    Dave

Are you going to stagger the blues as well?

Been thinking about doing something similar to that with ours, wondering if staggering the lighting across the three sections will serve any benefit (besides a few bucks on the 'lectric bill).

If I do though going to use some X10 controllers to do it all for me automagically.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

I think that the current trend of 8-10rs MH is really too much for multi halide systems,having them go from L to R your getting variable intensities over the course of the lighting cycle which is what they get in nature..I know of a couple old salts that only run there halides for 5hrs a day and get fantastic growth.

No more bubbles,woooo-hoooo.I can finally enjoy my tank now.Finally got the new sump installed.It added another 14 gallons to the total system which should help alot.I also dedicated a chamber with a stable water level which should improve the skimmers performance.Did the gravity-fed auto top-off with the float valve.Simple,yet reliable.

First Name
    Dave

Good idea with the water level for the skimmer, I hadn't thought about setting up it's own chamber like that. Gonna do the same thing to top off here as well, the drip method is getting to be a pain.

Think we may just order the X10 controllers for the halides and give the passing sun effect a try and see how it works out. I've been adjusting the photo period to later in the day so I can at least see it for a little while after work, but we are getting tired of fighting the algae blooms, time to try some things to regain control.

Yeah,skimmer performance is comprimised when water level fluctuates daily.There's a sticky thread with a bunch of good tips in getting the best out of your skimmer in Anthony Calfo's forum on RC.

Make sure you drill the float-valve just an 1" or so above the water level.Although,they are adjustable,i've found if the kalk-water has to drip down the float alot it tends to solidify on it.With it being close to parralell to the water surface,the kalk-water drips down into the sump instead of down the float.

Page 6 of 6 First ... 4 5 6