[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Poseidon's NEW Adventure!

Bookmark and Share
Page 37 of 42 First ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... Last
    Tropical Buff - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bart
    Blog Entries

Wow awesome tank

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

The tank continues to run, and so far so good. :D

Some of my SPS have really started to take off, I attribute that to learning my demand for Ca and Alk, for today the Kalk reactor is keeping up. In the short term, I will finish my DIY Ca Reactor and then my Ca/Alk will be covered long term.

As another topic, I have started house hunting. My lease is up in about 5 months, and I really want a house, with a basement. I also want a dog, a German Shepherd to be exact. I know that moving the tank is a big deal, but I think I have a pretty good routine now, having moved a tank several times. :D

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Glad to hear the tank is doing good.

Let me know when it comes time to move the tank. I'd like to lend a hand (and a few buckets) if needed.

Tom

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

Thanks Tom! I appreciate the offer, and I will gladly take you up on it.

Last time I moved, it was a day to move all my crap, and on the second day, I moved the tank. That second day was just as hard as the first.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Thanks Tom! I appreciate the offer, and I will gladly take you up on it.

Last time I moved, it was a day to move all my crap, and on the second day, I moved the tank. That second day was just as hard as the first.
    I agree!!! Done it the same way, and tank day was just as hard as moving day.

adalius - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Josh

Wowsa. Popping in after a long time away, tank looks great Mike. Sorry to hear about the circumstances around moving it though.

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

Thank you Adalius.

I picked up a couple dozen Astrea snails today, from the Trop. I took my girlfriend with me, Amanda was really impressed with the SHARKS!
    @jimsflies cursed me at the MMMC meeting a short time ago, this tank has had a rather substantial population of Astrina stars, I never noticed them eating eating any corals. Jim mentioned to me, that one I had brought in as a hitchhiker to the MMMC meeting was a "bad one" that eats Zoas. I get home from the meeting, and no kidding, there is a little star eating away at my Black Cherry paly. ARGH!!!

So, I go to removing the ones I can see, and in about 10 minutes time, I have pulled out 63, yes 63 stars!

I have pulled an additional 15-20 since then as well, I was very tempted to get a Harlequin Shrimp today, but passed as I don't want to start buying stars for food once this are gone. Manual removal will continue daily until I get the population in check. The snails are to replace the stars that I have removed, I am sure the stars were eating a significant amount of algae, along with a Zoa or 10.

Also, I have ordered a few more parts to get my CaRx running, a pH probe holder that fits inline with my recirculation pump, and some nylon screws/nuts. I was also able to find some scrap acrylic to replace the 7x7 square that I ruined with my first attempt.

My list is shrinking for the reactor project. I think the last thing I need is a feed pump, and that recirc pump. Maybe I can find those at the upcoming swap in Lansing.
    Likes Sir Patrick liked this post

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Time for a harlequin shrimp ( @Preuss Pets had a few the other day). They will eat those stars in no time.

...and "cursed" you may be a bit of an exaggeration...

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

It seems to be that time again.... Return pump.

Last night the Ocean Runner 3500 did not restart after the feed mode, I took it apart and there was considerable build up on the impeller. No big deal, a 30 minute soak in vinegar and water and all cleaned up. Put it back together, and no start.

After some work, apart and together, apart and together, I have it running. How long will it last?

Why does this system seem to EAT return pumps, good ones too. Reeflo, Blueline, and now Ocean Runner. UGH.

Seph - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Joe

Man Mike that just seems wrong that your going through that many pumps on your system. There has to be something specific thats causing it, cause the odds that three different companies pumps all fail early seems too odd. I've had the same return pump on my system now for 8 years with no problems. Knock on wood. Its a gen-x pcx40. Just keeps on keeping on - Praise the Lord!

Page 37 of 42 First ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... Last