[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Sir Patricks 150

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
    Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Sir Patricks 150

Getting the ball rolling on the next build in the new house. This will be an In-wall build, in the basement.

Been raiding alot of freinds fishrooms, and my old display tank and have put together almost everything I need for this build-

6'x18"x26" 150 Display
    Dual Glass holes Overflow

IMG 0903 zps2773eb38 - Sir Patricks 150

IMG 0906 zps85e020ce - Sir Patricks 150

3X 175w Ice Cap Electric Ballasts, Iwasaki 15k bulbs w/ Lumen Bright Mini Reflectors
    12 blue LED Strip

IMG 0898 zps985e523a - Sir Patricks 150

BRS Dual Reactor- Carbon
    50 Gallon Breeder Sump
    Mag 7 return pump
    Reef Octopus NWB 200 in sump skimmer
    Bio Pellet Reactor

IMG 0905 zps5a482eee - Sir Patricks 150

I have sand, and enough live rock to get a good start. Sand still needs cleaned, and rocks are just finishing the bleach dip, and will undergo a vinager dip, followed by a Sea Clear treatment with bacteria dosing and heavy protein skimming.

IMG 0907 zps46c53081 - Sir Patricks 150

I should be able to make an interesting scape out of this assortment of rock, using a product called "Epo-Putty". My Reefer buddy Paulo (AKA "The Rock Miser") Will likely be helping me out with some larger pieces of rock soon, that will be going through the same treatment. I plan on starting this tank fairly sterile, with "seed" from a freinds tank I know and trust very well.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Congratulations Chris!! Can't wait to see what all you put in there! Subscribed!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com
    Likes Tropical Buff liked this post

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Congrats on the new house and tank!! Not useing the ETSS monster??lol will following along
    Likes Sir Patrick liked this post

buk - Reefkeeper CR Member

this tank has got some major potential. looking great so far chris

First Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    Not useing the ETSS monster??lol will following along
    I used the pump to the ETSS, and it burned up. After burning up, I found a freind with a 6' 150 gallon tank, who was very happy to trade me. Without that skimmer, this tank might not exist for me. Thanks Chuck. That skimmer is being put to very good use now.

tcp316 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Vicki

This is going to be an awesome setup. Can't wait to see it all up and running.

Always learning, loving this hobby.

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

Can't wait to see it up and rolling!

jay13 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jay

So it has been at least two weeks since this thread started. WHERE is the running reef tank at??? Lets go!
    Likes jimsflies liked this post

First Name
    Chris

I havnt let the cat out of the bag yet, but since this tank is going into the basement, which at times can get a little wet-

I am looking into having an iron stand built. The 2x4 stand is way over built, but once it stands in water a time or 2, I am questioning the long term integrity.

My basement is an older basement, and was engineered to be wet, being right in between 2 large lakes. I am currently in the process of seeing the areas that take water. Think I have narrowed it down to just 3 areas. One of those areas is in the tank area. This first winter melt is teaching me alot about the actual goings on in my basement.

In the future, I will be adding a much more modern drainage system, inside and in the parimeter, but for now, I am going to have to deal with the potential for water.

I might start building my wall today though, that this tank will be built into.

jay13 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jay

Treated wood is the answer as oposed to iron. Rebuild the bottom of that stand with treated and you are good to go.

it is 9:18 pm and i just started flowing water into my rodi holding tank that sits on my always damp concrete floor. treated lumber my man, easy as that.
    Last edited by jay13; 03-31-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last