[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Window Food

Bookmark and Share

Threaded View

CR Member
    First Name
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Microscope View Post
    Nice tank! I think that first Yuma is actually a St. Tomas mushroom. Very nice.

That slipper corals is really cool! Is it like a long fungia or something?

Keep an eye on that wrasse. Mine was a nasty SOB!
    Thanks Mr. Microscope. It could be that the first Yuma (orange guy) was actually a St. Thomas. Believe it or not that Yuma/St. Thomas was given to me free by my LFS. Unfortunately I do not have him anymore. He perished when I tried to glue down the live rock rubble he was attached to.

The slipper coral is in the same family as fungia. One of the neat things about them, and maybe this is the same for fungia, but the slipper coral can actually inflate and move itself around. Mine never moved much; certainly not so much as to cause a problem. However, I need to update my FTS because as of about a week ago I no longer have the slipper coral. I have been downsizing my livestock in prep to move this tank to MN. Like the slipper coral, soon the frogspawn and one of the duncans will be taken to the LFS. I feel somewhat bad about taking the frogspawn out of the tank as the clowns call him home. However, the frogspawn stings the crap out of the clowns, so removing the frogspawn is probably in clowns best interest. I have baby a BTA, about the size of a nickel, that I hope one day will be large enough to replace the frogspawn as a host for the clowns. The BTA is a bit of an experiment in this tank; I am feeding it lots of mysis in hopes to accelerate its growth.

I love the six-line wrasse. Maybe mine will develop a nasty personality as it gets older, but right now he doesn't seem to have a mean personality. The wrasse certainly doesn't attack my hand like the clowns do.
    Last edited by BC United; 07-09-2012 at 11:36 PM.