[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Heidi's Bedroom Nano

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Good luck lil tank and Heidi!!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

nate_newton - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Nate

Off to a good start, looking forward to seeing it filled up

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Well she holds water just fine! tonight when the kids are in bed I'm going to work on my rock work. I will take some phone pictures so you all can follow along. I'm super excited for this rock work.... Woohoo

Heidi

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Nice job on the tank build!

I didn't have a good sense of the size of the tank during construction until... your first livestock addition. Which, by the way may exceed the contest spending limit.

Tom

phishcrazee - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Fawn

Going to be a sweet little tank, good luck! Don't you love those little helpers trying to help?!

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@HaslettMI View Post
    Nice job on the tank build!

I didn't have a good sense of the size of the tank during construction until... your first livestock addition. Which, by the way may exceed the contest spending limit.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by phishcrazee View Post
    Going to be a sweet little tank, good luck! Don't you love those little helpers trying to help?!
    Yup, she's not for sale sorry, Sometimes way to much help lol!!

So here are some pictures of me setting up my rock work. I bought a fiberglass stick that you use to mark your lawn. I cut them up the the correct size pieces and drilled through my rocks and basically "stacked" them on the sticks. Then I thought about the 2 fish that are going to live in here.. a pair of pearly jawfish that LOVE to excavate rock work, and build a platform of pvc and more pieces of the stick to place all the rocks on and push the 4 inches of sand up to it. SO the picture of the tank and where the rock is SHOULD be where it is going to stay minus a couple pieces that aren't attached.

Its cycling!! Filled it with water, the sand and rocks on the 26th. I have a 50watt heater a 450 gph Nano Korilla powerhead and a whisper filter that does about 250 gallons per hour for flow. I am thinking this will be good enough but might change my mind. I have been running carbon and have changed it twice since setting it up. As you can see from the last picture it is getting pretty clear.. . well as clear as it can get I keep messing with it. I am adding 2.5ML a day of MB7 to help the cycle along. I am thinking I shouldn't have too much of one as I used tank water from my 150 and all the rock was in my sump forever except for 2 pieces that were dry. Right now I have a little PC light which will not be ok once I get coral in there, but it works for pictures etc. I am still undecided on lights it will come to me, I was hoping to win that pendant yesterday at the swap darnit rcombs!!

IMG 0765 - Heidi's Bedroom Nano
    IMG 0615 - Heidi's Bedroom Nano
    IMG 0616 - Heidi's Bedroom Nano
    IMG 0780 - Heidi's Bedroom Nano
    IMG 0783 - Heidi's Bedroom Nano
    IMG 0784 - Heidi's Bedroom Nano
    IMG 0785 - Heidi's Bedroom Nano
    IMG 0782 - Heidi's Bedroom Nano

Thanks for following along!
    Heidi
    Likes MizTanks, phishcrazee liked this post

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi

I messed with the scape, and now I like it better... What do you all think? I also added some coral today. I broke off 2 head of my frogspawn and 3 happy people eaters and a rock with 3 stripped mushrooms (which are shriveling up to die in my big tank so we will see how they do) fragging frogspawn is way harder then I thought lol it doesn't like getting all broken off so it looks very angry as well. PEs are open half way. I also added a hand full of my cheato to add flora and fauna macro style. It's in the display for now but won't be eventually, I want to keep some in the big section of the filter once I am done running carbon. Still waiting for an ammonia spike or something from die off on the live rock, but so far nothing... Also I ordered my 2 fish that will go in here. (a pair of pearly headed jawfish). They are both on the list as "juvenile" so I am hoping one will change and they can be girlfriend and boyfriend I have my lights figured out too but you all will have to wait to see them tomorrow... It's a DIY that I am rigging up and I'm pretty proud of the idea but am waiting on bulbs sooo suspense for now is all you get.
    IMG 0638 - Heidi's Bedroom Nano
    IMG 0637 - Heidi's Bedroom Nano
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Heidi; 02-01-2012 at 07:25 PM.

woods4542000 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    mike

I think the scape is badass!

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi

Quote Originally Posted by woods4542000 View Post
    I think the scape is badass!
    Why thank you I am waiting for the water to clear a bit and I will take some pictures with my good camera, those were just quickies cause I was excited, that I took with the ol' iPhone.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

What light are you going to use on this?

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last