[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Results: Plan on Entering Nano Contest?

Voters
28. Register or Login to Vote
  • Yes, I plan to take first place

6 21.43%
  • Maybe, On the fence

7 25.00%
  • No (too busy, broke, or lame) :embarrased:

15 53.57%

Nano Build-Off Contest!

Bookmark and Share
Page 19 of 19 First ... 9 17 18 19
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by handlevandal View Post
    I thought I missed the 'official start' of the the contest since people had been posting about already stocking their tanks, in amongst all the rest of this. My apologies but there's just too much of this thread to read, and then re read, and then go back to check to see if the first posts are still the same. So now there's a spending limit of $250 for coral, right? And we only need to document that amount for the last month of the contest? I'd like to play but this may just be too much for us bears of little brain. I still can't decipher when we're supposed to do that sharpie on the glass thing or if we're going to do that or not. Help!!!!!

On a side note - Kudos to you Jim, I've done this sort of thing before and am very familiar with the bruises. Keep the faith, you've got a pretty nice place here.
    Thanks Jackie. I know this has been difficult to keep up with. Any time there is a question feel free to post. I will paraphrase where we are for you so you can catch up.

• People could start cycling there tanks before 1/3/10. But not stock them.

• As of 1/3/10, the contest started and stocking could commence. Before stocking there is a requirement to document the tank is not stocked (hence posting the "I love CR" on the tank proving it is empty).

• We eliminated the frag pack back in december before the official start in response to members not wanting the pack

• We just bumped the spending limit to $250 or up to $500 from CR sponsors (basically buying from a sponsor only impacts your coral budget by half price)

ryeguy28 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Ryan

................ NM
    Last edited by ryeguy28; 01-19-2010 at 05:12 PM.

click there ^^^^^^^^^
    [quote name='flying high' date='June 2006, 01:06 AM']We are all victims of our own gene pool. Im sry someone pee'd in urs[/quote]
    www.picoaquariums.com
    like to glue animals to rocks and put disturbing amounts of electricity and saltwater next to each other!

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

For next time around, as rob stated-

The rules were awesome the first time around, we should have stuck to our guns. Changing them has only made people drop out rather than join in.

Keep up the good work jim- the first year, i am sure will be a real learning experiance! Gotta go through them before they can be made better somtimes!

First Name
    Ryan

Edited....
    Last edited by ReeferRob; 01-20-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: NOt needed

click there ^^^^^^^^^
    [quote name='flying high' date='June 2006, 01:06 AM']We are all victims of our own gene pool. Im sry someone pee'd in urs[/quote]
    www.picoaquariums.com
    like to glue animals to rocks and put disturbing amounts of electricity and saltwater next to each other!

whitetiger61 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rick

as i stated up^^^^^^^^..im out...for me its a principal thing..that and it has become very fustrating for me and again the fun is not there anymore...again good luck to everyone that stays in the contest..

Rick

First Name
    Ryan

EDIT : ............................
    Last edited by ryeguy28; 01-19-2010 at 11:40 PM.

click there ^^^^^^^^^
    www.picoaquariums.com

whitetiger61 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rick

i didnt ask for your opinion ryan..Jim asked who was still in

First Name
    Ryan

ok then

sorry rick .....
    Last edited by ryeguy28; 01-19-2010 at 11:39 PM.

click there ^^^^^^^^^
    www.picoaquariums.com

Cash - Reefkeeper CR Member

Yeah I said I was fine with raising the limit. But that was after the frag pack was cut out. I really liked the ideal of everyone starting with the same frags. I will not even come close to the new limit. I agreed with the raise mainly because I thought most wanted it. I said in the beginning that money will not win this contest. I like the ideal of starting small and watching it grow. But as with everything, this being the first year of the contest it is a live n learn situation. I am fairly new to the reefing community and dont want to see a bunch of ppl arguing over small details. One of the main reasons I like this site is that I got more of a family setting here compared to other forums.

As it stands now my son and I will continue with the contest.

And Jim your doing a great job trying to keep everyone happy. Just remember you CAN NOT please everyone lol

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

Look everyone, we need to quit bickering like school girls. Love it or hate it the contest is what it is and the rules are what they are. This fighting is not going to promote any future contests or people joining in them. So if you don't like the rules or idea of the contest don't enter, but please lets all keep it civil, if you can't say something nice, find a thread where you can, or at the very least post your feelings with the respect you would like others to give you.

Thank you!
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

Page 19 of 19 First ... 9 17 18 19