[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Sun Coral

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
    zoo-a-holic - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Sun Coral

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know they like dim lighting but will they do well in my tank with a 55w compaq flourescent with a 50/50???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    120 Gallon Reef With Starfire Front, 2 overflows and 30 Gallon Sump. Mag 18 on the Return. Lit by Aqua Light Pro Deluxe. 2 250 Watt HQI Halides and 2 96 Watt PC Actinics all in one. ASM G-2 In-Sump Skimmer. 2.5 years in the making.

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Yes Thea will just remember you will have to feed them Thea don't have the ability to get most of their food from the water and or light like most coral do
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

I don't think that they're photosynthetic at all and need to be fed directly. I've read that they need a lot of direct feeding to survive. You need to feed them every other day or so. Not a good beginners coral.
    120G Reef and 40B reef at work, 120G tank dry and dirty in the garage.

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yea i know, they need indevidual polyp feeding but what should i feed them?? And is it true that they only come out at night??? If so, do i have to feed them at night??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Also, how high in the tank should they be set and how much water movement???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    120 Gallon Reef With Starfire Front, 2 overflows and 30 Gallon Sump. Mag 18 on the Return. Lit by Aqua Light Pro Deluxe. 2 250 Watt HQI Halides and 2 96 Watt PC Actinics all in one. ASM G-2 In-Sump Skimmer. 2.5 years in the making.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

what height is not an issue, they are not photosynthetic so they can be pretty much put anywhere in the tank. but you want to make sure they are in a spot where you can get tot them to feed them. you will want to feed them every other day. I had one in the past and fed it mysis, brine,cyclopeeze, I traded it because you really have to take very good care in the feeding of these corals. I would only suggest getting one of these if you have the time to invest into properly caring for one of these. :D
    fulltankshot 1 - Sun Coral

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Thea are Riley not a hard coral to keep its just you have to be dedicated to
    taken care of them you cant forget about them for a few days the way you can other corals. If you leave for a few days and let someone else watch them you can lose them Farlee fast
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am deffiinitly ready to put in the hours to take care of this coral but i am still wondering if they ONLY open at night and if i have to feed them THEN.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

you can acclimate them to open in the day time but this takes some serious work. It took me over a month to get mine to open in the day time. I got up 45 minutes before the lights would kick on in my tank and then would go a llittle longer each day until they would open in the day time.
    fulltankshot 1 - Sun Coral

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Angel has found an easy way to get them to open up mid afternoon but squirting them with a little brine shimp juice, they'll start opening, then she feedsthe rest of the critters, by the time she gets back to that side of the tank they are fully open and ready to eat! They will adapt to whatever feeding regieme you come up with.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So you feed your sun coral brine?? Ok i will try to teach it to come out around supper time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am taking a 3 hour trip to get them on the 30th of October!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last