[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

First set of pics!

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Default First set of pics!

hello,

i couldnt figure out how to make the pics less blurry, but some of them seem to have come out ok.

I also took pics of the equipment below the base, it seems to be quiet dirty, but seeing how this tank was already up and running I didnt want to touch anything in fear of killing the tank.

let me know what you guys think!

overview of whole tank:
    100 0559 - First set of pics!

i think this is a sailfin? he's very photogenic
    100 0555 - First set of pics!

sailfin and damsel:
    100 0556 - First set of pics!

mushroom thingys, these were already on the rock when i got them from my friend:
    100 0557 - First set of pics!

equipment 1, my friend said this is a biofilter??, there seems to be alot of salt buildup on it:
    100 0561 - First set of pics!

thanks!!

if you guys have any tips of taking better photos...

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

looks nice.
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

if you could take some more pics of the equpment that would help giving some input on the maintenance, but pretty good looking tank!!!!
    fulltankshot 1 - First set of pics!

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

you are right on the fish ID ... it is indeed a Sailfin Tang. and a nice looking one too. looks like the little "mushroom thingies" could be little toadstool leathers, pic of mine is below. the equipment and tank look good man, keep up the good work !! you will soon be addicted, like the rest of us.

http://www.captivereefing.com/vbpicg...p?do=big&p=382
    And my Sailfin Tang

http://www.captivereefing.com/vbpicg...p?do=big&p=304

my dad is actually a diving fanatic and he proposed that it was a sailfin, as far as the toadstool leather, will mine get as big as yours? they look very pretty.

after chatting with perpetual98, i think we figured the equipment underneath is a wet/dry filter.

and the lights i have in the hood i think are power compacts.

no sump. i was thinking about getting some cleaner shrimp, cleaner wrasse and maybe an anenome this weekend. is that too many animals to put in at one time?

i would like to put alot of live coral in there, but i dont think i have the correct lights or setup at the moment and wouldnt want to waste money putting stuff in there that will just die off.

thanks for the pointers! i think i alreayd am getting addicted

one more question i forgot to ask was, there seems to be alot of white debri floating around in there. is that normal for a SW tank or is it something with my filter? i tested the water at the shop yesterday and the guy said everything was looking good, just to add a little buffer to bring the ph up.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

I would hold off on the anenome I would figure out what type of lighting you have in that baby, anenomes are pretty demanding of light!!! but your off to a good start!!!
    fulltankshot 1 - First set of pics!

excellent. thanks for the advice.

im gonna pull out the lights tommorrow when i get home from work and find out exactly what type of lights they are. i will post results when i find out.

also, is it normal to have quite a bit of white debri floating around in a SW tank? their not huge pieces of debri, but kind of like little pieces of sand so to speak.

thanks for the info!

First Name
    Bobby

could be tiny air bubbles, or leftover food running through the filter and back into the tank, or sand. hard to tell without seeing them. lets worry about the lighting first then we can tackle the "white stuff". if you have Power Compacts you will be able to keep just about anything except SPS and some LPS corals. there are alot more qualified people here to talk to about lighting. i just run 4 VHO and 2 PC lights in my DIY canopy. if you need anything just ask and someone will answer.

I will post tommorrow what type of lighting I have once i pull out the bulbs and take a closer look.

I will also take some pics and post. thanks!

First Name
    Bobby

BTW ... when you are ready for corals, if i can make a suggestion. Talk to Greg (graphixx22), he sells corals and you will really get what you pay for. And they look amazing. You may also want to talk to David (davejnz), he also sells, although he only does the LPS corals he has some very nice corals as well. in fact i have shipments coming from each of them soon, i hope.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last