[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Bearded Dragons

Bookmark and Share
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Default Bearded Dragons

I stopped by Preuss this evening with my son and we were checking out the reptile area. We each took a couple photo of this guy with our phones. I'll try to post his pics if I get a chance for comparison sake. But I thought these turned out well enough to share.

bearded dragon1 zps6d47e758 - Bearded Dragons

bearded dragon2 zps55eb4bf0 - Bearded Dragons

(Currently no plans to get a bearded dragon...too many pets already...just fun looking )
    Likes Poseidon, MizTanks liked this post

2. visit Preuss Pets
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Awesome pictures Jim! BD's are very cool Very mellow reptiles to have as pets. Almost bought my son one when he was young but went for a Chinese Water Dragon in stead. Looking back should of went with the BD. The Water Dragon was a spaz! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

that Reef Guy - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Steve
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Bearded Dragons make the Best Pets.

I have three and they are all very friendly and love to be handled.

All three of their personalities are very different and they are intelligent too.
    Likes MizTanks liked this post

Nice pics!
    Check out our website

preusspetsbanner4 - Bearded Dragons

Open Monday-Saturday 10-9 and Sunday 11-6
    (517)339-1762
    1127 N. Cedar St
    Lansing, MI 48906

Follow Preuss Pets on Facebook!

I bred these by the thousands back in the 90s. IMO they are the coolest reptile pet. Great photos Jim!

that Reef Guy - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Steve
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by schminksbro View Post
    I bred these by the thousands back in the 90s. IMO they are the coolest reptile pet. Great photos Jim!
    Andy,

Why did you stop breeding these Beautiful Creatures?

They are worth a ton more now with all their Colored Morphs?

Think of all the Corals you could buy?

I am sure thinking about Breeding them.

Quote Originally Posted by that Reef Guy View Post
    Andy,

Why did you stop breeding these Beautiful Creatures?

They are worth a ton more now with all their Colored Morphs?

Think of all the Corals you could buy?

I am sure thinking about Breeding them.
    I bred reptiles for about 8 years commercially. At one point I was hatching 5-7000 eggs a year. I got kinda burned out so I sold my collection and backpacked Australia for a year. I logged over 90 dives on the GBR and caught Red Bearded Dragons among other reptiles in the wild. I spent time with backpackers from around 55 different countries. I saw some of the world's most beautiful and exotic places in person instead of in books. I saw countless interesting wild animals including Koalas, Dugongs, Sugar Gliders, Kangaroos, wallabys, wombats, saltwater crocs, tiger sharks, nurse sharks, black tip reef sharks, loggerhead turtles, wobegon sharks, dingos, dolphins,giant manta rays, fruit bats, potato cod, penguins, tons of little marsupials and birds that I couldn't even identify. I sailed the Whitsunday Islands, I jumped off a cliff in Kakadu National Park and hiked Hitchenbrook Island.I drove through the outback from the top to the bottom. I slept on the ground in a swag out in the middle of the outback and swam in a natural hot spring. I drank copious amounts of Australian Beer with total strangers on an almost nightly basis and I played rugby on the beach. I think it was worth the trade off.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Sounds like the reptile business paid off better than the coral business....currently you get a daily trip to sunny Flint.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    Sounds like the reptile business paid off better than the coral business....currently you get a daily trip to sunny Flint.
    This is true but I do get to bask in The Blue Glow and stare at coral all day ...

1008 1 - Bearded Dragons
    facebook - Bearded Dragons
    Likes jimsflies liked this post