[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Reeftopia sells fish? We'll see on Tuesday

Bookmark and Share
    Tom Toro - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tom

Default Reeftopia sells fish? We'll see on Tuesday

I was buying some inverts from them and noticed they had a 3.5" Atlantic Blue Tang so I thought I'd give it a shot. Has anybody ever bought a fish from them and did it arrive safely and look good?
    240g Great Lakes Glass! ETSS1400/panworld250,LED 120wX4 AJM, LED,2x sunbrite ,Tunzex4/,200gal sump/mixed reef/Biopellets. Hammerhead return. UV 57w. Chiller.

135g down and given to a buddy. New pic after the wall is repaired.

First Name
    Tom

Got my parcel today.
    I'll start by saying customer service was good. Communication was fast on email and he changed my order with no problem cause I ordered 2 of something by mistake.

1. The 3.5" Atlantic Blue Tang was 1.5" at the most. But he was healthy so o.k.
    2. Peppermints were average size for mail order. Small
    3. Sand sifting stars were awesome. About 3.5" from leg to leg
    4. Cucumbers were o.k. and about 2" each
    5. Nassarius Vibex were extremely small and this is my fault. I thought I was getting the larger white nassarius and didn't check the name. I'd heard the vibex die pretty quickly in a tank.
    6.Royal Gramma was great. About 1.5" and very colorful

Not too bad, but not good enough of an experience to order with them again.
    240g Great Lakes Glass! ETSS1400/panworld250,LED 120wX4 AJM, LED,2x sunbrite ,Tunzex4/,200gal sump/mixed reef/Biopellets. Hammerhead return. UV 57w. Chiller.

CR Member
    First Name
    Francis

What was the total shipped cost if you don't mind me asking? And what shipping method?

First Name
    Tom

Free shipping over $120. My total cost was $137. They shipped Fedex overnight. The animals were in the box from 5pm to 10:30am. Didn't have to sign for them so if I wasn't here, they'd freeze. I think this is fedex's new policy.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeCoral View Post
    What was the total shipped cost if you don't mind me asking? And what shipping method?

First Name
    Tom

That stinks about UPS. Wrong house and it's empty? That's pretty bad.

At my house USPS delivers my packages on the lawn, by the trees, about 50 feet from my door and 10 feet from the road. LIke she throws it out the window and floors it. Sometimes I get a plastic bag cover, sometimes not. When I order online and they ask if the post office delivers to my door I say NO!

Quote Originally Posted by chort55 View Post
    Unless a signature is required around here they don't even knock on the door, just sit the box on the front porch despite 2 vehicles in the driveway blinds open, tv and lights on...... but atleast fedex delivers it to the right house, ups delivers EVERYTHING to my neighbor which is a vacant house.