[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Acropora Sp. Update Pics

Bookmark and Share
    dsfdbutterfly - Reefkeeper Registered User

Default Acropora Sp. Update Pics

Well, I decided that I would post some updated pics of my little coral and see what u all think. See if u guys can see the little progress that it's making and the growth that I am seeing. It is hard to see by the pics but its there. Some before and after pics included.
    When you make a mistake look for the lesson to be learned and try not to repeat it.

Also have two other pics I just had to throw in here. One is taken under normal light and the other one is taken through my sun glasses Just had to try it to see how it would come out.
    When you make a mistake look for the lesson to be learned and try not to repeat it.

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

nice, looks you you're doing a great job with them, Angie !!

RWalston - Reefkeeper CR Member

Angie where did you get your acro at.

Rich

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Thats great Angie,those ocean aquacultured Acro's aren't the easiest to keep, especially that growth form.How is plyp expansion on it?Do they expand more in the day or night?

Rich,

I got the coral from Pets Inc in Tempe (might actually be in Phoenix town limits). They had a whole bunch of them. Don't listen to them about not having to not feed them though. The only reason I think I can follow my success back is to the fact that I feed my corals.

Dave,

Polp extension is good, and getting better. It has a lot more than when I first got the coral and they extend further out than when I first introduced it too. He extends twice during the day Most. Right before the MH turn on and right after they turn off. They are out during the day for the most part but really not extended during the night. Even if I try to feed at night. Because of this I try to add the liquid stuff after the lights turn on so that it gets some. Since nothing goes into feeding mode at night but the snails and urchin nothing suffers.

Angie

RWalston - Reefkeeper CR Member

I like going to Aqua Touch on 32nd St and Cactus. They have a good quantity to look at for reasonable prices. Most are just under $50. ATR has a good selection but pricing can sometimes be steep.

Rich,

Thanks for the new shop. I've not yet made it by ATR. Tyler just gave me the info. for that shop. My friends visited and said the place was awesome but like you said prices were a little on the steep side. Next time I get down there I will check out both. Never hurts to shop around.

Angie