[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Need live rock for 75g live in Indiana

Bookmark and Share

Default Need live rock for 75g live in Indiana

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and club. I have just start my first salt water tank and I am need of some live rock. If anybody has some for sell please PM me. I live in Indiana.

Thanks
    Psychob82

You could check some online vendors, but just remember shipping will be pricey.
    http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Shop.cfm?N=2004
    or
    www.petsolutions.com

Also check your fish stores, if any.
    I bought my Figi Rock for 4.50 a pound (locally) with about half of it with coraline, and Haitian rock for 3.00 a pound, with little to light coraline.
    I live in South Florida.
    55 Gallon. One year old, and looking SUPER.

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

My personal favorite LR is Tonga branch,then Kaelini,and Fiji.I'd try to buy as much locally as possible.Whenever LR ships,you end up getting more die-off than if you buy well cured LR from your LFS or a local reefer.
    BTW,Fatman,where in S.Florida?My sister lives in Coral Springs.I'm just to the north of you in Daytona Bch.

Default Tonga branch

I do like the Tonga branch but my LFS doesnt have cured rock in the Tonga branch. I was going to buy some and some fiji rock at the same time. Will it hurt my tank if i put cured and not cured rock in it at the same time during start up?

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

hey phycho, what part of indiana you in ... maybe i can give you some LFS's in your area. i am in louisville, ky.

I live in indianapolis, about 3 hours from louisville. I am willing to drive.

Psycho,nothing wrong with buying un-cured LR.It just means your gonna have to cure it yourself.I wouldn't cure it in a tank with fish/corals/inverts though.A large rubbermaid container with a couple powerheads for water movement will do.

Quote Originally Posted by davejnz
    Psycho,nothing wrong with buying un-cured LR.It just means your gonna have to cure it yourself.I wouldn't cure it in a tank with fish/corals/inverts though.A large rubbermaid container with a couple powerheads for water movement will do.
    Or if he hasnt cycled his tank he could use it to cycle his tank.

I live down here in Miami.
    55 Gallon. One year old, and looking SUPER.

I am putting the tank together right now, i am waiting on my overflow box, and then i will finish the plumbing this weekend. I have live sand already and salt water premix. Havent bought my rocks yet. So will it be alright to put non cured rocks in with cured rocks in when i start running my tank?

Sure,You can cure you rock in your tank.Do plenty of waterchanges and keep things dark while the Nitrogen cycle completes.Lots of current will help alot too.