[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

WTB/WTT Macro Algaes

Bookmark and Share
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Default WTB/WTT Macro Algaes

Okay we are on the hunt for and or all of the following macros or maybe anything else besides chaeto.

1 - Acetabularia Calyculus (Mermaids wine glass or Saucer )
    2 - Caulerpa Sertularioides (Feather Algae)
    3 - Caulerpa Mexicana (Frond Algae)
    4 - Caulerpa Sertulariodes (Banana algae)
    5 - Turtle Grass

Got some to sell or trade? Got something 'unusual' you want to share?
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

I have 2 and 3 I believe and you are more then happy to some of it. I can post a pic of each for you if you want.

First Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Whoyah
    I have 2 and 3 I believe and you are more then happy to some of it. I can post a pic of each for you if you want.
    Ah more trading stuff hahaha.... I still need to take a cold chisel to that huge Paly rock for you. Angel's been handling all the trades and stuff, is there anything else we owe you? We'll make arrangements via PM. We've got shipments leaving out of here tuesday morning if you can be ready for it later this week, I'll bust you off a good sized chunk. Gotta make room for the new shipments coming in Weds or Thurs anyhows.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

PM on the way.

First Name
    Dave

PM'd back... still looking for #1,4 and 5.... or anything else different :D

First Name
    Dave

Now see what you went and did Whoyah? I just moved the 29g and stand alongside the 180, she got a new sandbed and filled with water (water change kind), a planted SW tank :D Gotta find some more species of macro's now hee hee.

As soon as I get another pump to pull up from the sump I'll tie it right into the existing system, giving me another refuge of sorts and transplant the cool plants you sent me.

Gotta get the canopy built (going to try to whip it out tonight) and get some lighting tommorrow. Figuring 3 of those 100w twisty type power compacts (they are either 2900K or 3100K) but should really do the trick for the plants to really thrive. Odd dimension tank 30"x12", 24" NO flouros are priced too steep for what you get, besides I like the idea of the power compacts as far as energy use goes and no ballasts to goof with.

Gotta add some red kelp and stuff to my list of wants to grow to feed the new sailfin tang... she's eating everything in sight!

Still looking for donations/trades/whatever for 1,4 and 5 above or anything else that might be cool to look at or for food :D

Sounds cool. I saw some cool red kelp last weekend. Kind of looked like fern Caulerpa but bigger, maybe 1.5" wide. I asked the LFS for a sample but he said that since it is a kelp you need the whole plant (leaves, stems, and roots), He said he would sell me the whole rock for $30. I am not sure if all that is true or just the LFS trying to sucker me. I passed but I am sure it is still there.

First Name
    Dave

I think it was LiveAquaria I saw what they called 'red kelp on a rock' for about $25. Saw a tiny bit of it last week at an LFS, they had it labeled as such, but it was mostly a rock..... but they had it stickered at $45... for that they can keep their dumb ol' rock. Maybe it had a chunk of gold in the rock or something.

Now the display is pretty much complete and needs to mature for a while so it'll be fun learning about all the macros I can get my hands on. Looks like some of the online retailers are starting to get thier stock in on some... But I hate the idea that 99% of it just got ripped out from where ever and being sold instead of being aquacultured.