[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Apex app is now available ! ,

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Hopkins View Post
    I tried to apply the new firmware, but it didn't go well. My controller was stuck in a rebooting loop, every 10 minutes it would reboot itself. If you do decide to update the firmware make sure that you backup your settings and have a rollback plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you recall which version you were on before? Was that to the current version (4.12_5A12)? Using windows or mac to update?

How did you fix it?

Hopkins - Reefkeeper
    Administrator

First Name
    Adam
    Awards Wheel Master Award - Helping with run the Frag & Swag wheel at the Michigan Coral Expo & Swap 2014.

I was using Windows to update. I believe that I am using the latest non-beta firmware. To restore the old firmware just download it from Neptune's website and apply it the same-way as the beta. The only thing that was really affected by the rebooting were my LED lights.

rc Hopkins sig - Apex app is now available ! ,

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

So you were able to downgrade or did you eventually get it to work with the new firmware?

(Chuck sorry for hijacking your post. )

Rabidgoose - Reefkeeper Moderator

Awards Yugo Award Photo of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    Is this a different app than they had before?

I've been contemplating on updating my firmware. I'm still on 4.10. Are you running the latest?
    Yeah, new app......I'm on 4.11 update and I can turn on and off but when I try to program a pop-up comes up saying I need the new firmware.
    I simply can't trust people that don't like bacon,

Hopkins - Reefkeeper
    Administrator

First Name
    Adam
    Awards Wheel Master Award - Helping with run the Frag & Swag wheel at the Michigan Coral Expo & Swap 2014.

I was able to downgrade and left it alone after that. I will try again when they release a more stable version.

rc Hopkins sig - Apex app is now available ! ,

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

I spoke to a friend who just did the newest firm ware update. I have not done it so I am quoteing someone else,but it is a person who I trust and he also really helped me get thru the apex and the vdm programing. If you do the latest firm ware update be prepared to completely reprogram yourmApex !! He had to identify all his outlets and reprogram them. Since he is running six dc -8's I will take his word on it and will hold off tell he has time to help me thru it !! Lmao. I do love the app tho !!

petercar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    larry

I have the newest update and firmware. The guy that came to set my apex all up on my imac and ipad has one to and has it on his samsung galaxy android phone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jduck - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jason

I like I don't have to run to desktop to change one of the programs now, rename anything.
    240 gal. Miracles, 3x 1.5" Beananimal overflow, 60 gal. Frag tank, 120 gal sump. Skimmer: SRO XT5000 EXT, Return Pump: Reeflow Hammerhead Gold Hybrid. Reef Dynamic Biopellet reactor, GEO 6x12 Ca reactor. Lights: 9x AI Sol Blue. Controller: Apex, 40 gal QT

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I might give upgrading a try over the holidays. Need to make sure I have time to deal with it if doesn't go smoothly.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by petercar View Post
    I have the newest update and firmware. The guy that came to set my apex all up on my imac and ipad has one to and has it on his samsung galaxy android phone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    He was able to use the new app ? I can accesses my apex from android still by useing the IP but still need to update any changes I make unlike the apple app which is a simple on off choice and then done. I did not try to change programming of outlets with the app tell someone responded that you had tp upgrade the firm ware. They are correct. Even without the upgrade the app works well for everyday use. I really like the separated charts and the fact you don't have to update or race to update to get simple on off changes done. I run three DC 8's ,six led's and a vdm so I have over 30 boxes to go thru. Anything that makes it easier is an improvement to me.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last