It has been finally slowly happening. I am building a 600+ gal shark tank.

It is getting built in my father-in-laws basement. With a 600+ gallon tub that we got from Reef Paradise. The tub was previously used for fresh water koi pond years ago.

The idea is that we are going to insulate/humidity proof a little room in the basement.

IMAG0248 - 600+ Shark Lagoon

The whole room is going to be insulated, and the window is going to be the vent.

The tub is going to be built on a wood platform held up by cement blocks.

IMAG0262 - 600+ Shark Lagoon

Working hard
IMAG0260 - 600+ Shark Lagoon

Now just put down some ply wood and some pink foam for insulation. AND WHALA we have a stand

IMAG0264 - 600+ Shark Lagoon

Putting some insulation on the walls to help keep the heat in.

The tub will be rapped in insulation also to help hold in the heat.

IMAG0315 - 600+ Shark Lagoon

We are insulating the whole room with the pink foam to help keep the humidity from rising through the ceiling and destroying the floor boards, and from getting through out the whole house. Also the window will be a fan to help divert it out side.

IMAG0369 - 600+ Shark Lagoon

Filled it with salt water and have some Green chromis. There is also about 300 lbs of rock.

IMAG0430 - 600+ Shark Lagoon

IMAG0494 - 600+ Shark Lagoon

Sump.
The return is going in to a bucket and then flowing in to the 100 gal with the skimmer. The Chato is growing in another bucket with its own light and flowing in to the 100 gal. this will keep the Chato from getting in to the return pump and burning it up. Because we couldnt find a way to section off the rubber maid.

IMAG0433 - 600+ Shark Lagoon

IMAG0436 - 600+ Shark Lagoon

We will be keeping the pink foam on the top as a lid and putting a pully system on it. So the heat will stay in the tank, When you lift up the lid you can see the sharks.

This is how we are going to do the lights.
Put a hole with glass and put the t5 on it. I works out perfect.

IMAG0496 - 600+ Shark Lagoon

IMAG0491 - 600+ Shark Lagoon

Still in the making but it is coming along nicely.