[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Manoj's 60G Mixed Reef

Bookmark and Share
Page 33 of 36 First ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... Last

First Name
    Manoj
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    That's a sweet fixture tons of par from those bad boy's! Have you given up on the LED idea. IMHO there's no better way to go for long term cost but the ati lights are sweet ! I was thinking that route before I bought all those halides.If I would have gone with ATIinstead of listening to a friend about the halides probably would have never gone to LED's tho and would have allot more money in my pockets. Lol
    LED's are definitely cost save in the long run. But I guess I too chicken to try. I will try the one from Brandon in a small area of the tank and if I feel confident then will upgrade later. You got deep pockets bud you dont have to worry Btw I think you have done an awesome work with your leds. I need to take a similar structured approach.

First Name
    Manoj

Made a decision to go with 36'' 6*39watt sunpower fixture. I am told and feel convinced that I should be able to grow sps at 22 inches. I placed the order today so should have it in a week.

Now can anyone give me bulb suggestions?

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Those are nice fixtures and no problem with good bulbs ! I would go 3 ati blue plus 2 ati specials and a fiji red. Alll these produce and are rated above 300 par which makes sps happy ! Your former effaflo is growing like crazy so come break a chunk off ! But keep your paws off the berry for now. Bah ha ha ha

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

I would use something similar to binford. 4 blue +, GE 6500k and a KZ Fiji purple or ATI Purple + would be nice as well.

First Name
    Manoj

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    Those are nice fixtures and no problem with good bulbs ! I would go 3 ati blue plus 2 ati specials and a fiji red. Alll these produce and are rated above 300 par which makes sps happy ! Your former effaflo is growing like crazy so come break a chunk off ! But keep your paws off the berry for now. Bah ha ha ha
    Thats a good update Chuck. I like the bulb line up you have proposed. The fixture should be here next week wed/thur so may be after a week its in I will start to measure par and adjust height etc. You know I will come after the berry eventually lol

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by creefer View Post
    I would use something similar to binford. 4 blue +, GE 6500k and a KZ Fiji purple or ATI Purple + would be nice as well.
    Thats a good line up chris. Can you tell me if the GE6500K is a actinic of just a more yellowish bulb for growth?

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

The 6500k is a more yellow full spectrum lamp. Right now I have 4 blue +, 1 purple +, and one coral +. I plan to switch out the coral + for a 6500k or a KZ new generation soon. The new generation is much like the GE6500K. I also have been considering replacing the purple + with a KZ Fiji purple. I believe its spectrum is a bit more on the red side than the purple +. All said, what I'm running now is quite nice. The aquablue special is also nice in lieu of the coral + I'm running. For whatever reason though, that lamp went bad after 2 weeks.

First Name
    Manoj

Okay the light fixture ATI 6*39 watt arrived yesterday. It looks good and I am happy with it so far.

Can someone guide me as to what kind of mounts do I need to hang this thing from the ceiling dry wall( assuming I don't have studs in that area)?

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Sweet ! I use the dry wall plant hangers. You can get em chep at home depot. I have some sunlifts you can have give me a shout ! They are just like the ones on mrs binfords tank.they work great and you can move the fixture up or down with two fingers! Rasta donation to her would be appreciated tho. Lol. Ya know the number bud they're yours if you want em ! It is what I would hang em with. Those bad boy's are par monsters so you will want to be able to raise em to get it right! Nice choice --for T5's that is. Rofl

Oh yeah the plant hangers come with both kind of hardware so if you don't hit studs there's paddle's that support the weight.if you need a plumb bob lmk I can hook ya up ! I am only working 8 today so I will be home early if you have to have today ! New toy syndrom I know how it goes !

First Name
    Manoj

Update:
    All of you were right about the ATI light fixture. I supported the fixture between two chairs and tested the PAR at 22 inches and it was about 450. I am sure sps would love this. Thanks for the PAR meter James. I hope to hang the fixture in the next couple of days.

I am not sure how much it would drop once I put it in the tank and the light passes through water any ideas?

Also
    I have decided to change the caribsea substrate I had. I have ordered Tropic Eden reef flakes. Lets see how it goes.It should be here by Saturday.

First Name
    Manoj

update:
    Finally was thinking about aquascaping and wanted to be creative with rockwork. Ordered Emarco400 for aquascaping the rocks.

Anyone have any experienced with Emarco400?

Page 33 of 36 First ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... Last