[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

TCP316's 70G Cube build thread

Bookmark and Share

Threaded View

tcp316 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Vicki

Default TCP316's 70G Cube build thread

I had a 90G upstairs in our main living room with the sump in the stand. I did not have ATO at first so after I got distracted and let too much water run back into the sump from the RO/DI, running down the floor thru the ceiling tiles in the basement finished den, I decided next tank would be plumbed to the basement!
    Live and learn right?
    So, this tank would not quite fit over 2 beams and when the grandkids would visit and they inevitably would run past the tank making it bounce slightly. I was a nervous wreck that the tank would crack. After it was fully grown out, I finally decided to tear it down. I was going to take a break but when my son found out, he was upset that I gave up my set up. He sent me money and said "MOM, you have to get another tank. You are the one that got me into it. I need you to do this with me!".
    So I found a sweet cube on a selling forum which fits perfectly over 2 beams and started my build. This was August of 2011.
    I just wanted to put a thread on this site so I can add to it. Recently I had a tank crash when I went through major shoulder surgery. During my rehab I was diagnosed with cancer and had to start treatments for that. So needless to say, that is where my priority had to be and my tank was severely neglected. All my clean up crew died as did almost every coral. I have a small Neon Caulestra that is trying to make a come back. It is actually feeding and a baby blue which has white tips but isn't showing a feeding response yet. This makes me sad as it was a favorite and I haven't been able to find another baby blue. This was the first I had seen in this color.
    Pictures coming up of the build.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Always learning, loving this hobby.