[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Rosebud161616's Wall Aquarium

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    rosebud161616 - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Erika
    Awards Nano Contest Winner

No skimmer plans. I want to try to keep this clean and simple. I'll make a small strip of leds for it. I'm thinking 6-8 with no optics and a ratio of 1:1:1 royal blue:blue:white.

Team CR

First Name
    Erika

Well I played around with some rock last night and came up with a bonsai style tree. It's really hard to scape in this tiny little tank! I wanted to make the left branch go out further, but I couldn't go much further and still fit it in the tank because of the glass bracing.

I used super glue (quite a bit of it) to glue a bunch of rocks together that were about the size of a quarter for the branches. It's incredibly light rock since it's mainly pukani pieces with a tiny bit of fiji. When I first put it in, the flow kept blowing it over. Now that the air has crept out of the rocks, it's staying put a little better.

Aquascape - Rosebud161616's Wall Aquarium

So I think I'll go with a more mixed reef now rather than just anemones. I think I'll do GSP on the bottom of the tank rather than sand so it kind of looks like grass. I'll have to start being on the look out at upcoming swaps to pick up some GSP, because the price on the rule list is very expensive. I normally get a 2x2 square at swaps for $5-10. That price per the price list would make that $40!!!
    Likes Tom@HaslettMI liked this post

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

What are the inside dimensions of the tank?

Wonder if that alternative reef reef shelf that Kev just won would work in there?

Team CR

First Name
    Erika

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post

Wonder if that alternative reef reef shelf that Kev just won would work in there?
    Tiny! I'll have to measure it to see, but it's really not much. Maybe 3"?

I would love to use a shelf like that, but I can't get behind the tank to put the magnet in there even if the inside part did fit. It's completely bolted to the wall. I swear the house could fall down around this tank, but the tank would still be standing with the way it's built and secured!

It has crossed my mind to remove the glass bracing at the top/inside and then I would have plenty of room to make the rock as wide as I wanted...

Team CR

First Name
    Erika

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post

I measured it tonight and the inside is right at 3".

CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

The Bonsai aquascape looks Great Erika!
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

Team CR

First Name
    Erika

Quote Originally Posted by CalmSeasQuest View Post
    The Bonsai aquascape looks Great Erika!
    Thanks, Tom! I'm still debating if I want to do more with it or leave it. I will probably just leave it because now it's a lot of work to get it out of the tank, dry it, and add more to it...

Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Wow, great mind think alike. We must have been using the same tank for inspiration, the one with the torch corals right? Should be really interesting to see how the two tanks differ, given the big difference in dimensions. What corals are you planning to put in the tree?

Scape looks great by the way. I had a similar problem with the tree tipping over, so I added some branches to balance it out. I'm really excited to see if we will be able to get the grass look. I searched quite a bit for a picture that shows a tank with the bottom completely covered in GSP but wasn't able to find one, seems like most people don't get that far.

Cant wait to see what you do with it!

Team CR

First Name
    Erika

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy View Post
    Wow, great mind think alike. We must have been using the same tank for inspiration, the one with the torch corals right? Should be really interesting to see how the two tanks differ, given the big difference in dimensions. What corals are you planning to put in the tree?

Scape looks great by the way. I had a similar problem with the tree tipping over, so I added some branches to balance it out. I'm really excited to see if we will be able to get the grass look. I searched quite a bit for a picture that shows a tank with the bottom completely covered in GSP but wasn't able to find one, seems like most people don't get that far.

Cant wait to see what you do with it!
    Great minds DO think alike!

Yep same inspiration tank! I haven't decided on what corals to put on the tree yet. I was thinking maybe some digis, a tiny bit of silvertip xenia (would really need to keep this in check), maybe frogspawn for movement, and some zoas to make the tree sort of look in bloom? I don't have any real plan, it's all just kind of coming together as it happens!

It would be really cool if we could get the bottoms completely covered! I have never seen one completely covered either and I think it would be a really cool effect!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Dang for some reason I'm not getting the images
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last