[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

SPS care

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by RWalston
    That does not make any sense. Using salt water for your top off will raise the salinity of the water. Salt does not evaporate water does. Use RO/DI water for all make up. Also never dose anything you do not test for. Dosing that much Iodine does not make sense as well. With regular water changes you should not have to dose any trace elements. Just maintaing your ALK and Ca. Those will help maintain pH. As for flow 10-20 times the tank volume will be good. The higher the better. Do not direct the flow at the corals, instead direct it up or at the walls of the tank. Place the coral in the sand at first untill it adjusts to your lighting, then move it up to its final place. I sugest you buy Eric Bornemans book on Corals and reading it. I will help you out alot.

Rich
    I completely agree... as for my calcium and alk demand, I have a calcium reactor and also use a kalkwasser reactor in line with my auto top-off. Generally at 9dKH and 425 calcium. SG remains close to 1.026, temp ranges from 78*-82*. I am using the following: Large over-sized skimmer, ozone, phosban reactor, and carbon reactor. My overall flow through the main display(55 gl) is approx 1200-1500 gph with 2 wavemakers controlling 6 different powerheads (200-300 gph, each)... needless to say... LOTS OF FLOW(indirect).

Jason
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

chrisl1 - Reefkeeper CR Member

Wow,thats alot of flow, what size tank is all that in /on?

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3